Tuesday, January 01, 2013

It's a new day!

Everyday is a new day. Everyday is a gift given to us so we can carry out what God has called us to. It's easy for me to blog about it, talk about it and preach about it. But not to live it. So, at the end of 1st January 2013, this new year 2013, I pray that I treat each day as a gift to do something for God's glory. 

The past year has been eventful. Some people might think their year has been eventful only if someone got engaged, got married, had a baby, got a fantastic new job etc. None of those happened to me in 2012 but still to me, it was eventful. I spent half the year in Madras (Chennai) studying at Alliance Française de Madras. I finished levels A1 and A2 and I did really well. I then planned a trip back to Glasgow. Something I've been wanting to do since I left. And at the end of July, I went back to the UK. I saw old friends, made new,  went to Dublin, Ireland. A place I always wanted to. If you know me well, you'll know why. It was an amazing time and I am so grateful for it. I spent the last few months of 2012 with my family, helping them out. I spent Christmas with my whole extended family, met my cousins babies, had lots of christmas parties, had friends visit etc. And I spent New year at Madras with my sister and good friends at church. I cannot complain (but I still do). 

The year has also unleashed a hidden evil in this country by the death of a young girl. A girl who was raped and left to die by 5 men. In a bus. In the capital. And she was not alone. These issues have always happened but this case was made public and made India open her eyes to the injustice. This is not the only injustice that is happening. Poverty in some cases, prostitution, child abuse, child slavery, slavery, corruption, misuse of power etc. I pray we open our eyes more. To see things through the Eyes of the Most Kind. To see things not for our benefit but for His glory. Again like I said, it's easy to talk about it but hard to live it. 

Most of all, for this year, I wish for Love. I am reminded of these verses
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God- 1 John 4:7


And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love 
- 1 Corinthians 13:13
A couple of very wise men wrote these in the Bestseller of all time, so it must be pretty important. 


There's no real theme to this post but I felt I had to write something on the first day of the year. 
If someone is reading this, Have a blessed 2013. 

1 comment:

Karen Xavier said...

A new post! Blessed New Year to you too... and yes, life is pretty eventful... thanks to the people one has to put up with. And I shudder to think of what happened to that girl, it was evil in its potent form. And news of such incidents keep pouring in...