Friday, October 01, 2010

Unity among diversity, 2

[Read part 1 to understand what this is about]
I'll never forget the day I went to Loch Lomond with my church, re:hope for someone's baptism cause that's where I saw the beautiful girl with dreadlocks. Later she came and spoke to me at a church event and then we shared a table with another shy quiet Scottish girl. Soon these two became my church buddies, we would read the Bible together and pray together. They were the only ones who could coerce me into watching a James bong movie! We knew as humans we weren't perfect but God was perfect. Without my "fried rice" and "banana", my time in Glasgow would not have been the same. My half Egyptian sister taught me that it's okay to be mental at times and understood my affinity for middle eastern men(she also has the best eyelashes)! My beautiful Scottish sister taught me that God's grace really surpasses all and she is the best listener around. Things may have changed, change is inevitable but I'll always pray they'll be safe under His love.
Someone I must mention was my first friend from re:hope to facebook me. We met at a crafts night in one of the girl's house and on the way back she asked for my full name to add me and before i reached home, i had a request from her. She has a voice of an Angel, strong and beautiful and she's kind and welcoming, you'll never feel like a stranger when she's around. She taught me to be patient when things were messy and always knew to say the right things. She truly represents her Boss!
I met a hot latvian girl in starbucks who wore a gold and black hoodie, I'm not exaggerating when I say she is the most friendliest person ever. Everytime she would see me she would start with, "GIIIIITTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......!!" I could tell her things that was going on in my life that not everyone would understand but she did and I'm so grateful that God made our paths cross. Don't ever change girlie :)
My American Vietnamese sister introduced me to another American when we went to see He's just not that into you. Maybe it's the movie, but we bonded. She has a quirky cute fashion sense
that i love! I wish we had more time together, that falafel just wasn't enough ;)
I met this lovely lady as the mother of a friend but soon she was not "just" the mother of a friend! You can feel her laugh a mile away, it's contagious! She is kind and helpful and always lends a listening ear. I'll always be grateful for the picnic/trip she took us for. She taught me to see life on the brighter side and taught me to take chance of opportunities as God creates them.
There are so many more who i'll write about later but in this note, I would like to thank Jenny, shy, calm who didn't even know me properly but still came for my birthday party, i really appreciate it. I enjoyed walking back with you from our woman's Bible study.
Katrina, i really wish we could have spent more time together but I'm grateful i know you and thanks for cooking for us :)
And Beth, thanks for letting me use your kitchen!
I really appreciate everything and hope you're all blessed!

No comments: